Yeaton-Walsh

The Yeaton-Walsh House is one of the two remaining houses on the site still in need of total restoration.  For many years it has served as the Museum’s repository for archeological materials.  Included in Phase III of the Heritage House Program, Yeaton-Walsh house is to be restored and made available once again as a rental property fulfilling its original historical intent.

This simple, four room dwelling on Mast Lane was built sometime between 1794 and 1803, probably for investment as a rental property.  Just as today, there always was a need for this kind of functional, plain housing for local craftsmen, seamen, laborers and others who worked in the area.

Read about the Archaeology Field School that examined the ground around the house foundation. More...